Saturday, January 17, 2009

Poison ivy on my butt and other concerns

A subject on the guitar forum: List "odd" things that bother you. My off-the-cuff response:

- The little pieces of toilet paper on the floor of public bathrooms that stick to my shoes when I leave.

- When peeing in the woods, worrying about getting poison ivy on my butt.

- Having to maintain strong thigh muscles to squat in public bathrooms and to prevent poison ivy on my butt.

- Old people who buy enormous cars and can't see over the steering wheel. (Maybe it's for the really wide rear window to show off their hat collection.)

- People who don't know the difference between "their" and "there".

- Ice cream containers that have all been sneakily shrunken in size (other products, too.)

- The strange phenomenon that young guys can wear pants halfway down their boxers that stay put and older guys with beer guts and butt cracks can't keep their pants up when the waistline is up to their necks. (Both bother me.)

- The little hard brown shells in popcorn that get stuck between my teeth and gums.

- The societal impression that only men fart or belch or that men have such an excess of saliva, they must spit on a regular basis.

- Being afraid the suction thingy at the dentist's will suck up my tongue (and embarrassed by the awful sound it makes, like my mouth is farting.)

- Having men as total strangers come up and tell me I shouldn't "chew" my fingernails but let them grow long and beautiful and have nail polish on them when, first, it's none of their friggin' business and, second, I TRIM my nails to be able to play the friggin' guitar.

- Super pointy shoes by male designers when I've yet to find a similar pointy foot in all humanity.

- When I've been talking rather colorfully all night and my date takes me to a bar - someone says one little four-letter-word and my date yells back, "Hey buddy, knock it off! Can't you see there's a lady present?"

- When people in the audience shout "PLAY FREE BIRD!!" I hate Free Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment